Tuesday, January 31, 2006

China was enveloped in such cold weather we practically freezed every step i walked, even with ear muffs, hats and eskimo looking coats. Beijing was to my suprise, very modernized and every inch like any other big cities, it even looked cleaner than Singapore! Nowhere near the dug out pit, horrid smelling toilets that were described grostequely to me.I used to think that Americans/ ang mohs were the tallest beings that stalked this planet, but my trip to the U.S.A last year and China this year, proved otherwise.The chinese in Beijing i must say, is unexceptionally tall, either that or they wore hidden boots beneath their jeans. Almost everyone has porcelain white skin and they erm seemed to be rid of fats LOL, I felt so fat and eeky looking, even worse than in Singapore but nevertheless, CNY is all about food and I didn't, most unfortunately go on diet.and my sis says that i should boost my morale and not care since it was chinese new year.LOL.The chinese there laughed at our Chinese and looked quite puzzled when we spoke in English, or Singlish to be precised.

Me"Can you speak English" Waiter "No,I was a very bad student I ran away from English lessons in school" "Wow, i wish I could run away from my chinese lessons!" Waiter laughs and looks at be absurdly."where're you from?" "singapore." "guai bu de mah"

one day tour guide to the palace "wo men de lao shi shuo wo men shue the ying yu shi ya ba yu(mute language)"
Me:"Why?"
Guide:"Because we're only learning the basics and yet we still don't know"
"At least you know some English"
Guide speaks in chinese " What did you just say???"
me: errrr
guide>"where are you from"
"Singapore"
"oh the "chao fan"(fried rice) land.
Me looks at her incredulously, NO ITS ROJAK -_-
LOL

Famous singer/actor: (forgot his name but seen him loads before on screen,pic to show later.)
Me: Can i take a picture with you and your dancers
superstar: Can you speak chinese , are you chinese???
Me: Yes, yi dian dian
superstar: rambles on in cantonese
Me: at a lost for such chimness
Mum: (to the rescue)I can speak but she can't
superstar: I was just messing with you kid, lets take a picture and go learn your chinese,you are chinese afterall.
Me: gapes, superstar can talk to me like that.
later: gleefully takes the picture

a seond after the picture: some fans go hog him.
superstar: no one was supposed to know im flying today

China pictures for later.
Ps; I went there with such high hopes for snow and there were none, now they say its snowing tomorrow. grrrr

No comments: